Welcome to the Heretic World
Good day to you, noble knight! This is a new special world designed to test your military precision and diplomacy in a whole new way! But please heed our warning: These lands aren’t just overrun by brutal AI, they are also filled with traitors from your own ranks!
Heretic World is a new variety of PvE focussed AI world with a few twists to the existing AI world mechanics.
Players can now decide to become Heretics by choosing to join The Wolf’s Faction.
NOTE: There are no special end of world prizes for this world
The Heretic World pits players against an AI that controls player villages. In addition to the AI world gameplay rules, Heretic world introduces the following features:
- This world will be limited to 10 Glory Rounds.
- Players can become [Heretics] at Rank 7 or higher, thereby swearing allegiance to The Wolf.
- Each Parish has an AI (Rat, Snake, Pig, Wolf) as a "steward" and is controlled by that AI until the players oust them.
- New village charters only spawn once an AI is defeated (via raze).
- Some quests have been removed.
- Faith Points will be capped to 2000 points on entry to the world.
- After a certain period of time any unclaimed charters can be “bought” by a local AI.
- Glory Round ends when any house (including the AI house) reaches the Glory threshold for the round.
- There will be more stashes spawned in the world which will include weapon stashes.
- There is a chance of receiving a special wheel spin for being the first to uncover a stash.
- Armies and Scouts move at the same speeds as in an Age 4 world.
- Players will not be able to select a starting point, but will be placed in a random location on the map.
- The cost of recruiting troops will be reduced by 50%.
- Castle build times are reduced.
- The base cost of Interdiction has been doubled. Interdiction does not protect against all attacks from the AI, only captain attacks from AI castles.
- While under interdiction, Scouts cannot be used.
- The effects of Diplomacy research are reduced.
- Players can own up to 25 Villages on the Map.
- Each member of the winning house will receive a special prize package at the end of each round.
- Players will receive a chance at a special Wheel Spin (ranging from Tier 1 - Tier 5) for each defeated/captured AI
- Villages in Vacation Mode are protected from AI captain attacks sent from AI castles.
- Players are unable to attack other non-Heretic players.
- The Faith Point cap can be raised by 'crusading' against the enemy AI castles (increase of 1 for killing The Rat, 3 for The Snake, 12 for The Pig, 30 for The Wolf.)
- Players have a Kill Streak that counts the number of successive AI kills.
- There is no honour cost for attacking Heretics.
- Players are unable to have Heretics as Liege Lords or vassels
- Heretics automatically join the faction of The Wolf and the House of the AI (House 10).
- Heretics are unable leave The Wolf’s faction and remain Heretics indefinitely.
- Heretics are unable to attack The Rat, The Snake, The Pig, The Wolf or other Heretics.
- There is no honour cost for attacking players.
- Heretics are unable to have Liege Lords and vassals
- Heretics receive a chance at a Wheel Spin (ranging from Tier 1 – Tier 5) for each player they raze. The Wheel Spin Tier is based off of the size of the razed castle, with small castles not giving any Wheel Spins.
- AI's can send invasions from several invasion points around the map. These appear as anchor symbols on the map. Active anchors will appear bright and glow and inactive ones will appear faded. If an invasion is incoming the invasion point will display a timer showing the time until the invasion begins. All attacks from an invasion are sent at the same time, but may take a few minutes to appear on the map. (This means if a village is the target of a captain attack from an invasion and then is interdicted, it will not be protected from further captain attacks from the invasion, since these have actually already been launched, but have not yet appeared on the map.)
- AI's have the ability to send scouts to stashes.
- AI's will have different village types.
- AI Castles can be captured by players, and the AI can raze or capture player villages. If a captured, the village becomes an AI castle.
- AI will be able to repair and reinforce their castles.
- Multiple AI can spawn in a parish.
- The AI receives daily votes in parish election like a player village would and will vote against players and for itself.
- AI can send multiple attacks at a player village in a short amount of time.
Kill Streaks, when active, will appear in the top right corner of your map screen and are represented by this icon which displays your streak value. By hovering over the Icon you can view more information on your current streak.
Kill streaks provide a count of the AI villages you capture/destroy within a given time period. With each AI kill, the time period is increased as follows:
|The Rat||20 minutes + 1 minute for every day the world is running.|
|The Snake||40 minutes + 1.5 minutes for every day the world is running.|
|The Pig||60 minutes + 2 minutes for every day the world is running.|
|The Wolf||90 minutes + 3 minutes for every day the world is running.|
Kill Streaks will be capped at 36 hours.
The higher your active kill streak, the more bonus you will receive in honour production, the increase of your faith point cap, and the chance of spawning additional wheel spins upon killing AI.
When a kill streak ends and the next one is begun, it will automatically start 50% of the max kill streak you've ever gained.