The Fourth Age
The Fourth Age (Age IV) features faster gameplay with increased army speeds, more parish building upgrade levels for maximum production, the ability for players to hold additional villages and the new Military School.
The Military School gives players access to an exciting new defensive castle structure, the Bombard
The Fourth Age offers players a fresh start, with several elements of the game world reset at the beginning of the new age.
A number of core gameplay features to Stronghold Kingdoms™ will be changed to present new opportunities and challenges for both new and veteran players. These are:
- Glory - The Glory Race will be reset and all Houses will be re-introduced to the Glory Race with 0 points.
- Factions & Houses - All players will be removed from their factions and all factions removed from their Houses, as well as any alliances. Houses limited to 3 factions.
The first faction to apply is accepted automatically, all other factions must be voted in.
- Stock Exchanges - All stock exchanges will be cleared of their resources and prices reset.
- Villages - Players may now access up to 40 villages.
- Interdiction - The price of Interdiction has been increased.
- Army - The Speed of Armies will be Increased up to three times compared to Age 1.
- Parish Buildings - Will allow you to upgrade up to 5 additional levels per building.
- Military School - Placing the military School in your Parish will unlock Bombards. These are a defensive building for your castle. They have full map range, fire randomly and an attacking army will receive random splash damage from attacks launched by it.
- In the Fourth Age, it will not be possible to purchase Weapons from Markets.
- Players who own more than 10 villages will no longer have to pay the extra honour cost to regain a village, if one of their villages is captured.
NB: Please note that all features of the game world other than those mentioned above will remain as is at the time of the start of the fourth age. Players will retain all their villages, research, cards, points etc.
Hall of Heroes
All members of the winning House at the end of the Glory race will have their names recorded in the Hall of Heroes, which can be viewed at strongholdkingdoms.com. This hall of fame is our way of recording the daring victories of the players, factions and houses who battle against the odds to become the only remaining house in their Glory Race.
The names, coat of arms and factions of faction leaders and officers are highlighted at the very top of the page, with the House Marshal given special treatment. All other players are listed below and sorted by faction.
Please note that winning players with potentially offensive names will be censored or renamed.
Age 3 Victors
Players who were members of the victorious house of Age 3 at the time they won the final glory round will receive the following prize at the beginning of Age 4:
- 5 x Quest Wheel Spins
- 1 x Ultimate Random Pack
- 5 x Super Random Packs
- 10 x Random Card Packs